Philippians 4:13 ~ I (we) can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (us).
We can never rest, take a break, or say we’ve done enough. We celebrate the work God us done through this ministry, but know there’s much more to do. We ask the Lord to bless the work we’re doing as Psalm 90:17 says, “May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us– yes, establish the work of our hands.”
In 2017 we reached 57 hosting arrangements serving single moms, dads, and children. A child was in a safe and loving home for over 423 nights in total. If Safe Families for Children and the local church didn’t answer the call for help who knows what might have happened. Over 90% of the single moms that we’ve served were children of the Foster Care system and doomed to repeat it that cycle with their own children. This can’t happen and we can help break that cycle through loving caring community.
Safe Families for Children is a movement of compassion of the local church. We want to double our numbers from last year to 120 hosting arrangements. To do that we need more volunteers, plain and simple. Lets join together in keeping children out of Foster Care, reducing neglect and abuse, creating family stability, and returning the Church back to the forefront of hospitality and care.
Gather a team in your church to raise up volunteers. Here’s just a few points that outline the Focus 50 campaign.
Overview FOCUSED FIFTY
● Committing to unreasonable, but believable goals
● Innovating and experimenting in 50-days-Unleashing the creativity of teams.
● Collaborating and intense focus for a specific, predetermined goal
● Reflecting on the experience and the shifts it created in how people work together and solve problems
● Bring the right people into the team, determine who will best fit the needs of a specific goal
● Help them develop 50-day plans – Innovate and experiment in rapid cycles
● Align support from critical stakeholders and campaign leadership
● Share successes across the church and our city!
Contact us to learn more how to create a culture of hospitality in your church that cares for families in crisis. Let’s be the Church!
773-573-6759 or email: email@example.com